Sunday, 15 January 2012

A step into the world of blogging

As this blogID suggests I am some millionth person on this planet who has decided to jot down his thoughts for the world to read.
How I am inspired to do so is probably explained by my blog title "Technology and Aspirations".
I am just another regular guy who admire technology and have a lot ( really a lot) of aspirations.
I believe in sharing and that is also one of the reasons that I am starting to blog, because whatever I know I will try to bring out on this platform and will hope that people who might read or stumble upon the information will add values (criticism and admiration alike) to the information thus I might get a chance to interact with best of brains directly.

Without wasting time on philosophical thoughts I would like to come to my introduction. I am Bilal Hasan Khan working as a software developer in Tata Consultancy Services, India.Currently, I am in London (just to gloat ;), proof is below )



I am passionate about technology and would love to see myself as a contributor to software technology in near future. I work on Microsoft platform mainly Asp.Net and SQL server. Recently, I started out with MVC 3 and since then have been hooked to it.

On this platform (this my very own little blog) I will be penning my experiences as a developer with MVC 3 and related stuff and hope people will visit and contribute to it. 
This a very first post so this is mainly about aspirations and not technological experiences.

It would be rude upon me if I do not mention who's blogs inspired me the most. I am not even million miles close to these people in terms of what they are and what they have achieved, they also don't no me as I am just a nobody. But I feel that all who will read this should also know the sources where to go and look for inspiration. So my technological gurus are;
Scott Hanselman , Phil Haack and most recently Troy Hunt.
I have been following their blogs and following them on twitter for quite some time now. I am really amazed and inspired by their knowledge and passion for their respective fields of work.

I will always keep mentioning all people whom I will get help from ( direct and indirect). Will point you to different references which I must have gone through while looking out a solution for a particular problem and also the resources required to tackle a particular kind of problem.

These days I am just silently following certain technologies and websites. And the list goes like this;
  • Asp.Net MVC 3 ( will try and move onto MVC 4 once RC is out there)
  • Entity Framework 4.1 ( I just love Code First as Scott Hanselman has correctly named it Magic Unicorn)
  • Project Awesome
  • Telerik MVC Controls
  • SignalR
  • Nodejs
  • Knockout.js 
  • Nuget
  • Codeplex
  • Codeproject
Mentioning about all these technologies doesn't necessarily means I am an expert on them. I just hope that I write something stupid and you people out there come screaming at me and make me realize that I had been getting it wrong all along.

I have always dared  to aspire in life and its just out of aspiration I am here and still aspire to move up with all your help.

Do leave all kinds of comments or criticism, as promised I will come better next time. Till then "See you all" on the network of web.

3 comments: